Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Interesting Things About Me!




One of the many interesting things about me is that I didn't attend either of my kids weddings because I was traveling. I am a very big traveler and I didn't get the dates of the weddings until everything was paid for. By then I couldn't cancel my trips, but I wished them the best of luck. I am not very proud of this but there is nothing that I can do about it now. Some people would say that I didn't like my daughters husband so I didn't attend her wedding because of that reason. That is not true, I was actually very fond of him.





I was also one of the first women to run for the U.S. congress. This was a giant leap for women and I am very proud to have been apart of that leap. Although I didn't make it, I didn't give up. I later joined a group of feminists who petitioned President Calvin Coolidge to support the Equal Rights Amendment. I feel that my candidacy made an important statement for women, and I was very brave to run! I am very proud of myself for doing that!




Something else that was very interesting about me was that my husband J.J. Brown and I separated, but we didn't get a divorce because we were both Catholic, and getting a divorce was not supported in the Catholic religion. Also, our church did not allow it. Although we didn't go through with the divorce, we lived in separate houses and only saw each other at family gatherings. Even when we saw each other there, we wouldn't speak to each other much!

No comments:

Post a Comment