Friday, April 30, 2010

Effect on the World or Other People



I did many things that effected the world and other people, some of them were before and after the Titanic. I was very active in fund raising! Some of the causes that I would fund raise for were the cities Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Saint Joseph's Hospital, and the River Front Park project. I was a very strong Catholic and fund raising for important causes, and putting my own money toward these causes was one of the ways that I showed God and the community that I cared and wanted to make a difference in the world.

Another way that I made an impact on the world was when I was on the Titanic, I tried to help people stay calm. The men and the women didn't want to be separated and I tried to tell them that in the end everything would be okay. I even gave some people that didn't have much clothing on, my extra layers to stay warm on our lifeboat. One of the things that I didn't think was fair was how my lifeboat and many others left the ship with room for more people to fit. So when my lifeboat was in the water and the Titanic was sinking, I told the crew member of the lifeboat to turn back around and rescue some of the poor people that were freezing in the water.

Once we were on board the Carpathia, the ship that had rescued the few survivors, I realized that there were many widowed immigrants that now had no money or skills to find jobs or provide for their children. This broke my heart, having two children of my own I couldn't imagine having to face that challenge in a new country without a husband or family. Seeing their predicament, I decided to go to the wealthier passengers on board the ship and explained the situation of the widowed women. After telling them, I asked for a collection to assist these women on starting their new life in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment