Friday, April 23, 2010

My Life Before the Titanic



Hi my name is Molly Brown!


I was born in Hannibal, Missouri on July 18, 1867. I was raised in this minuscule city for my entire childhood. I grew up with a poor family and lived with lots of siblings, two brothers, one sister, two half sisters, a loving mom and a hard-working dad. My dad was my hero, he worked all of the time to keep a roof over our heads and food on our plates. I didn't see him very often but I knew he wanted to be with us but I also knew providing for us was more important. I used to always wish that I could give back to him like he gave to me.


My half sister, her husband and my brother moved to Leadville when I was 16. Because gold was discovered there, my brother Daniel, and my half sister's husband Jack needed money and it brought them mining opportunities. After visiting a few times, when I got older I moved to Leadville to "start a new life". After living in Leadville for a few years I fell in love with a man named J.J. Brown. At first I refused to marry him because he wasn't a rich man. I had always planned to marry a rich man so I could help my father like he helped us when we were growing up. But the problem was that I was so in love with J.J. and so we got married at a church in Leadville. After a few years, J.J. became successful in the mining business and as a result our wealth increased. Eventually my family and I left Leadville and moved to Denver.








3 comments:

  1. Is the Molly Brown house abandoned now? Several years ago our family was vacationing in the Denver area. At that time the house had been restored to it's original time period and open for tours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.mollybrown.org/
      It's still open! YAY!!

      Delete
  2. Is the Molly Brown house abandoned now? Several years ago our family was vacationing in the Denver area. At that time the house had been restored to it's original time period and open for tours.

    ReplyDelete